Are you concerned about Bacteria growth in your home or place of business? Call or fill out the form to the right hand side of the page, and an Environmental Specialist will contact you promptly.
Air Quality Canada Inc. is an environmental consulting firm with experienced professionals who perform Bacteria Sampling and other testing services. Whether your concerns are residential, commercial or industrial, we are here to help. Your Safety is our business.
Why Test For Bacteria?
There are several misconceptions surrounding flooding. Aside from the rain water, often sewage backup occurs, significantly contaminating the liveability of your property. Sewage contains various types of bacteria, parasites and viruses that are hazardous to human health.
Typically, the bacteria growth will be present on your walls, flooring and anything that came in contact with the contaminated water. The bacteria will then breed and contaminate your hands, skin, clothing, etc. From that point, Bacteria will enter your body via eating, drinking, touching your eyes or even directly though your skin.
Similarly to other Environmental issues. Children, Elderly, Pregnant women and immune compromised individuals suffer an exponentially higher risk.
There are several types of Bacteria that can be found in flood situations.
Popular types of Bacteria:
• E.Coli – Like other bacteria induced illnesses, the symptoms of E. coli infection mainly involve the gut. Symptoms may vary from person to person. Symptoms typically include severe stomach cramps, bloody diarrhea, vomiting and fevers.
• Enterobacter – These infections can include bacteremia, lower respiratory tract infections, skin and soft-tissue infections, urinary tract infections (UTIs), endocarditis, intra-abdominal infections, septic arthritis, osteomyelitis, CNS infections, and ophthalmic infections.
• Faecal Streptococci – They cause diseases such as bacterial pneumonia, ear infection and bacterial meningitis.
￼• Campylobacter – Campylobacteriosis is an infectious disease caused by bacteria of the genus Campylobacter. Most people who become ill with campylobacteriosis get diarrhea, cramping, abdominal pain, and fever within two to five days after exposure to the organism
Health Effects of Bacteria Exposure
The aforementioned ypes of bacteria can cause a range of symptoms, infections and diseases which include but are not limited to:
• Gastrointestinal tract irritation causing vomiting and diarrhea (most common)
• Liver problems – hepatitis A, yellow jaundice
• Skin irritation, dermatitis – of particular concern if there are open sores
• Urinary tract infections
• Fever, including typhoid fever
• Ear infections
Do You Do Your Own Laboratory Analysis?
We do not. In order to offer an ethical service our clients can trust, we work with a third-party, local A2LA accredited Laboratory. This allows the results to be defensible in court. It is strongly suggested that you work with a environmental consulting company who does not perform in- house lab work.
Why Choose Air Quality Canada?
Same Day Response
Available 7 Days a Week
We use State of the Art Equipment
We work with Residential, Commercial, and Industrial Clients
Certified Technicians with Extensive Training and Skills
We use an A2LA accredited, Third Party Laboratory